Palliative Care: new multilingual resources
- Created: Saturday, 05 February 2011 23:00
How many of you are involved in the care of people at the end of their lives – who may have cancer, AIDS or pneumonia?Helping them and their carers to establish a good standard of physical, mental and spiritual care, with pain relief and medication, may make their last months easier. The World Association for Palliative Care works in this field. Now they are making their resources more available in more languages, including Spanish, Portuguese, Mandarin, Russian, Swahili and French:
- Palliative Care Toolkit: Improving care from the roots up in resource-limited settings – written to empower health workers in resource-poor settings to integrate palliative care into the work they are doing.
- Training Manual – produced to accompany the Toolkit. It contains structures teaching modules and resources which can help others use the Toolkit.
- Advocacy Toolkit – This Toolkit highlights the tools of specific relevance to hospice and palliative care organisations who wish to develop their advocacy work. With examples of how these tools have been used and have worked in practice (currently English Only)
- An introduction to resource mobilisation – provides information about effective fundraising (currently English only)