Gender: The Basics
• Access to Resources • Analysis • Awareness • Disaggregated Data • Equality • Mainstreaming • Policy Development • Training
Access to Resources
Gender Analysis Tool – Frameworks, tools and links to other sources (RTF, 6 pages)
Training packages on Gender Awareness and Gender and Development (PDF 1.4Mb) in English & Nepali.
Filling the Data Gap; Gender-sensitive statistics for agricultural development – Also available in Arabic, French and Spanish. Click on the arrow picture at the bottom of the page to see the following pages.
The following two publications are available at awid.org
- Gender and Development: International Trends in Gender Equality Work (PDF 1.4MB)
- Unravelling Institutionalized Gender Inequality (PDF 1.2Mb)
Social Watch's Gender Equity Index (GEI) classifies 134 countries based on the dimensions of education, economic activity, and participation in political and economic decision-making.
There are a number of publications at the World Bank's Tools for Mainstreaming Gender
Gender mainstreaming manual – This guide aims to strengthen equality in communities by giving guidance for gender mentoring. It examines the nature of gender and gender equality, and analyses power relations within society.
Gender policies and plans (PDF 388kb)
Various training modules at www.cngo.org.np
- Module #2: Ngo-government Linkages Through Gender Training With District Government Officials (PDF 329kb)
- Module #3: Sustaining your Gender Resource Organization (PDF 242kb)