Links to resources for finding the money and training in financial management.
fundsforngos.org compiles the latest international funding opportunities, call for proposals, grant awards and other globally relevant funds for NGOs around the world. It also lists scholarships, trainings and fellowships and offers webinars and other online resources.
Training in Financial Management is provided by (among others):
Mango 97A St. Aldates, Oxford OX1 1BT, UK www.mango.org.uk
• Runs training courses in financial management for NGOs
• Any NGO which is concerned about their ability to manage financially should look at Mango's "Guide to Financial Management for NGOs".
INTRAC 65 George St., Oxford OX1 2BE, UK www.intrac.org
Finding the money...
If you have a website, make sure it is a donor-friendly website
'Financial management for emergencies – a survival guide for humanitarian programme managers' is a website that can be downloaded as a single file for viewing offline. It will help you to make sure that you have:
• A useful budget
• Good relationships with donors
• Enough cash
• The right finance staff
• Systems to record where money is coming from and going to
• Systems to control how money is used